We believe form and function exists as a flow rather than a causal relationship and is the design approach we apply to each of our projects. We understand everyone has unique lifestyles and experiences. Our client commitment is to continually integrate the individual nuances to achieve a living environment that enhances comfort, control, independence and quality of life.
Our design and construction services range from home access modifications, which may require consultation on grab bar placement for safety, to a custom home designed with Universal Design principals and features. Our decades of accessibility experience support virtually all areas of a single family home project.
The following list is a brief overview of our custom services:
- We perform a thorough client assessment to establish the scope of the personal needs combined with the physical living environment. Our focus is on the functions performed and the potential barriers that may impede good access. We feel this first step is vital for a successful outcome.
- We provide as-built (existing floor plan) drawings as a base from which to redesign the space(s)
- We provide concept plans to establish the modifications
- We create a complete set of finished plans of the changes desired, ready for permit
- We prepare a complete product finish specification package based on your selections and our recommendations for the contractor to accurately use in the budget development phase. Some products for universal and accessible construction projects are often unfamiliar to contractors. We take the guess work out of the selection of materials and provide the integration of aesthetics we all desire.
- We support the bid process providing the bid package to the contractors and assist you in the final contractor selection process.
- Construction site visits at least weekly are another service we provide. We believe it is important to closely monitor the construction process to ensure the drawings are implemented correctly. Unfortunately, some accessible and universal design features are not “common” practices and may require a greater level of oversight.
- A Post-Occupancy evaluation completes the process to ensure the recommended design modifications are functioning the way you intended.
- We support Life Care Planners and others in related fields to establish a Comprehensive Home Modification Plan for long term fiduciary planning.
- We also provide plan reviews & consultation to architects and design professionals.