Our firm has in-depth knowledge and experience of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), of 1990 including the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design; the Proposed Public Right-of-Way Accessibility Guidelines (PROWAG) 2011 and 2013 NPRM Supplement; state and local building codes, as well as Universal Design best practices. We evaluate and advise public and private sector clients on a broad range of compliance issues, including program access, services, policies, and practices as well as physical barriers in buildings and sites.
We believe the actual hands-on field compliance surveys of public right-of-way pedestrian elements and facilities for nearly 26 years coupled with our current application of the ADA, sets our firm apart in this ever-evolving field.
We share a passion for ensuring private and public spaces including community walkability meet ADA compliance. Our expertise includes:
- ADA compliance survey assessments, including public right-of-way pedestrian facilities
- Self-Evaluation and Transition plan development (ADA Title II)
- Self-Assessment and barrier removal plan development (ADA Title III)
- Project management
- Design and specification consultation
- Third-party plan review and settlement agreement support
- Hands-on ADA compliance trainer
- Universal Design workshop trainer
- International accessibility educator and speaker
- We strive to integrate Universal Design principles in our project consulting services to be more inclusive and go beyond meeting minimum standards